Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Creamy Cheesy Deviled Eggs - 52 Church PotLuck Appetizers

Pin It Now!

I am not even sure if it is possible to have a Church Potluck and not have a plate or two of Deviled Eggs.  Relatively inexpensive, Ingredients are probably already in your pantry and once you get the knack, EASY to make.  But rarely are any two plates identical.

This recipe will stand out as the creamiest since one of the ingredients is a brick of Cream Cheese.  Adding a creamy texture and a mild sweet cheese flavor.

This is now my goto Deviled Egg recipe.  Lots of flavor and the best texture of any I have tried (and I have tried A LOT)!

BTW, I found a very good post explaining the best way to Hard Cook an Egg and then peel it without the eggs looking mangled... Click HERE!


Keep scrolling down for this easy to follow recipe...


OK... Here's what I did...


Creamy Cheesy
Deviled Eggs



Ingredients
  • 9 Lage Eggs, Hard Boiled and peeled
  • 1 Brick (8 ounces) Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup Mayonaisse
  • 2 TBS Your favorite BBQ Sauce
  • 2 TBS Yellow Mustard
  • 1/4 Cup Sweet Pickle Relish
  • Salt and Pepper to taste (just a pinch)
  • FOR GARNISH Add
  • Chopped Chives and Sprinkles of Paprika
Cooking Directions
  1. Slice each cooked and peeled egg in half lengthwise.
  2. Remove Yolks.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese for about 3 minutes until it turns creamy soft.
  4. Add the remaining ingredients as well as the yolks of the cooked egg.
  5. Beat an additional couple of minutes until well combined and creamy.
  6. Using a piping bag and a LARGE star tip, fill the cavities of the cooked eggs.
  7. Garnish with Chives and Paprika, refrigerate.
  8. Serve chilled and ENJOY!

******************************************************

This recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Church PotLuck Dishes"!

A list of something NEW worthy of being shown off at a neighborhood BYODish (Bring Your Own Dish) Party, a Family special occasion dinner, Any Big Holiday Gathering or of course that glorious day when you bring a dish to share with your Church family...

Ages ago, literally almost a half century ago I was listening to our pastor talking about a PotLuck Dinner. It happened to be scheduled around a church work day when we were expected to weed, polish and do general cleaning and maintenance around the church (you know, back in the day when there were no no-wax floors and church pews smelled of Old English furniture polish). I am of course paraphrasing, but as I recall the pastor said,

"A potluck, like a church requires work. At a potluck everyone is expected to contribute.. At a church no one should come empty handed and no one should leave unfed".
I will confess that in my youth I brought more store bought plastic spoons and forks than I ever brought covered dishes and crock pots of fresh made love and caring delights. But now that I have become a hobbyist cook, I occasionally am reminded of those days and people from my youth. I reminded and I do wish that I could drop a dish of some new creation on those old tables at my fondly remembered Liberty Baptist Church.  Tables covered with newspapers and loaded with God's bounty prepared with love and caring... Enjoy

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Oh these look wonderful! I've been meaning to make devilled eggs for ages - I think you've got me there!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

FMP